LED Light Therapy
Treatment for Anti-Aging and Acne
When was the last time you treated yourself to a spa facial in the Tampa Bay area? Receiving a facial is a great way to treat your skin. A LED light therapy facial will help you achieve a clear complexion and a nice glow. LED light therapy facial gives many benefits. The face is always subject to the elements such as the sun, maybe smoke or an improper at home regime. Facials offer you the opportunity to work with a professional skin care specialist who will analyze your skin, help you improve your complexion and as a result show you how to take proper care of your skin.
What are the benefits of a LED Light Therapy Facial?
There are many benefits from LED Light Therapy. Here are a few of the main improvements:
- Decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Decreases the appearance of sun-induced hyper-pigmentation (age spots)
- Improves circulation and blood flow through the formation of new capillaries
- Helps collagen & elastin production for plumper, more youthful looking skin
- Increases oxygen and restoration of skin’s natural cellular activity
- Increased lymphatic system drainage which detoxifies the skin for a healthy look and feel
- Increases moisture retention
- Reduces inflammation and redness in skin conditions such as acne and rosacea
- Reduces sebum by normalizing the skin thereby helping control acne breakouts
- Minimizes pore size
- Improves tone and texture
- Better product absorption
- Accelerated healing
- Protection from environmental damage 15. Produces a radiant glow
Pre-Treatment (left) | 4 Weeks Daily + 4 Weeks Maintenance (2x/week) (right)
*Results and client experience may vary.
** Contraindications for light therapy include pregnancy and epilepsy, photo-allergy, and medications that cause light sensitivity (such as Tetracycline). Also, if you are currently taking steroids or cortisone injections, you should not receive light therapy.
What is LED Light Therapy?
Just as plants absorb and convert sunlight into cellular building blocks, skin absorbs therapeutic light and uses it as a source of energy to stimulate cellular regeneration to produce collagen and elastin, kill acne causing bacteria, reduce inflammation and as a result speed healing.
The Science behind LED Light Therapy
Light is a form of energy called photons. Cells absorb photons and transform their energy into adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the form of energy that cells use to carry out normal functions.
This ATP is then used to:
*Power metabolic processes
*Synthesize DNA, RNA, proteins, enzymes, and other products needed to repair or regenerate cells
Colors absorb at different depths into the skin.
History of LED Light Therapy
Thousands of results and studies validate the use of LED light therapy over more than the past 100 years. Previously, the technology of LED Light Therapy was primarily used by physicians, NASA & the NAVY SEALS for muscle regeneration and healing of wounds. Today, this technology has finally moved into the aesthetic field with amazing results.
LED for Acne
Blue LED Light Therapy is a powerful, effective, and natural solution to help achieve clear and healthy skin. All skin types and tones can benefit from this treatment. Blue LED Light heals existing blemishes, calms redness and inflammation. This minimizes future breakouts by destroying acne-causing bacteria (without side effects or irritation), increases blood circulation and as a result recaptures your radiant glow.
So how does it work?
The acne treatment stops the inflammation and spread of bacteria by directing pulses of light energy onto the affected area of skin. The light energy is absorbed by compounds called porphyrins that live inside bacteria. The absorption of energy stimulates the porphyrins. This triggers a process that eliminates bacteria and as a result effectively stopping unwanted breakouts. The removal of bacteria helps reduce unwanted symptoms of acne. Most clients will need 3 to 4 treatments before seeing desired results.
* Over a series of treatments, patients will experience fewer breakouts and inflammation.
Add-On to any Facial $50